A quick guide to the Doctor's character development
- Early First Doctor: I'm kidnapping you and placing you in danger unlike anything you could ever imagine because shut up that's why
- Later First Doctor: I am everyone's awesome snarky grandfather
- Early Second Doctor: LET'S SAVE THE UNIVERSE WITH WIT, ADVENTURE AND HATS
- Later Second Doctor: Jamie, Zoe, I am so very sorry I've got you into such a terrible situation. I promise on both my hearts that I will do everything in my power to keep you safe. I just hope we can get out of this.
- Early Third Doctor: I can save the world with technobabble and sass and look great doing it so don't question me I know what I'm talking about
- Later Third Doctor: Actually that still works pretty well I'm going to stick with that
- Early Fourth Doctor: I AM THE BEST PERSON IN THE UNIVERSE I CAN STAND ON MY HEAD AND EAT JELLY BABIES AT THE SAME TIME YOU CAN'T BEAT THAT
- Later Fourth Doctor: You were all so brilliant.
- Early Fifth Doctor: Avoid Tegan, hopefully that will keep her from yelling at me. Oh, and make sure Adric isn't getting in the fridge again. Then I'll say goodnight to Nyssa. Wait, where did all these kids come from again?
- Later Fifth Doctor: I miss my family.
- Early Sixth Doctor: SHOUTING!? I DON'T SHOUT!
- Later Sixth Doctor: I'm truely sorry for shouting.
- Early Seventh Doctor: I have no clue what's going on but maybe if I make up some idioms and yell everything as loud as I can that will fix it
- Later Seventh Doctor: Of course I know how to fix it. After all, I started it.
- Early Eighth Doctor: LET'S GO ON AN ADVENTURE AND LOSE OUR MEMORIES AND MAYBE KISS OR SOMETHING WON'T THAT BE FUN?
- Later Eighth Doctor: Is there nothing left for me?
- Early Ninth Doctor: I am a distant alien who is the last of his kind I don't need companions
- Later Ninth Doctor: I am a softie who needs companions
- Early Tenth Doctor: I AM HERE TO SAVE THE DAY, MAKE POP CULTURE REFRENCES AND LICK THINGS
- Later Tenth Doctor: I'm lonely, but that's for the best. I've let down too many people.
- Early Eleventh Doctor: EVERYTHING IS COOL LET'S TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THAT FACT
- Later Eleventh Doctor: Everything is cool except for me.
The Fires of Pompeii was actually just one big audition that they decided to broadcast
The ages of the actors who have (and will have) played the Doctor when they first started the role
- William Hartnell: 55 (ooh look at that)
- Patrick Troughton: 46
- Jon Pertwee: 51
- Tom Baker: 40
- Peter Davison: 30 (omg baby)
- Colin Baker: 40
- Sylvester McCoy: 44
- Paul McGann: 37
- Christopher Eccleston: 41
- David Tennant: 34
- Matt Smith: 26 (new baby)
- Peter Capaldi: 55
WHATS YOUR OUTFIT
WHAT I NEED TO KNOW
Idk about you guys but i’m gonna start telling the time with the doctors’ actors names
"What time is it?
"Half past capaldi"
We can finally do this. After 50 years we now have all the hours.
What a time to be alive